The purpose of this project is to convince the Sarasota County commission and other county officials to designate ¼ mile of the south end of Caspersen Beach in Venice, Florida as clothing-optional location. With the support of organizations such as SFFB – South Florida Free Beaches, B.E.A.C.H.E.S Foundation, and Florida AANR, we believe it can be a fun and safe location in the model of Haulover Beach in Miami, Florida.
The Suncoast Naturists have formed an Action Committee for the Free Caspersen Beach initiative. This committee will focus on the following items.
Strategy – determine actions to undertake to influence decisions and consequently action by Sarasota County Officials in this initiative.
Action – participating in actions such as meetings with officials, possible media interviews, and location petition signature gathering in support of the online petition at Change.org.
Success follow-up items – what to do upon county designation such as promotion and events, website.
If you are interested in getting involved with this effort go to Suncoast Freedom Meetup Group.
- Increase presence on beach with temporary signs and events.
- Continue to impress the tourist and economic impact.
- Keep website update as actions occur.
- Petition signing events.
- Speak to travel agency to discuss tourist impact
- Statue 800.3
- Jury instructions on Public Nudity vs. Lewd
and lascivious behavior
- Free Caspersen Beach Project email
- 70 signature’s obtained at Veteran’s Weekend
- Face book page created:
- We now own the web address caspersenbeach.com
and when anyone goes to this site they are forwarded
- The address suncoastnaturists.com is now forwarding
to the main site suncoastnaturists.org
- The recipiants on the petition have been
updated for the new commission members.
The application for a one day event (Food, Fun, Freedom) has been sent to Sarasota County for approval. This event will include a potluck picnic, food drive, skinny dipping and other various activities. We should have a response in 30-90 days.